In cooperation with the UNHCR office in Podgorica, Civic Alliance has launched a project entitled “Provision of Legal Assistance to EX-Yu Refugees and Persons at Risk of Statelessness in Montenegro”.
The CA legal team will work on the provision of administrative, legal, and financial assistance to all displaced persons who have fled the former Yugoslavia and whose applications for foreigner status have not yet been resolved, i.e. who have been granted foreigner status with temporary residence for up to 3 years, and persons at risk of statelessness.
Civic Alliance will also help with:
– Initiation and representation in administrative and court proceedings for subsequent entry in the birth registers, in Montenegro and the country of origin;
– Obtaining the necessary documents, including documents from the country of origin, in order to regulate the legal status in Montenegro;
– Initiation of a procedure with the competent bodies in order to determine the status of stateless persons;
– Submission of all necessary submissions to the competent bodies in Montenegro and countries of origin regarding the regulation of legal status (drafting lawsuits, requests, letters, complaints);
– Legal information and counseling in order to regulate the legal status in Montenegro.